CHEMUNG, N.Y. (18 NEWS) - A fire destroyed a barn part of Lloyd's USA Development Inc. in the Town of Chemung Thursday night.
"Just all shocked, you can't be prepared for something like this," said owner Kevin Lloyd.
Lloyd tells 18 News he lives nearby the barn and saw the fire break out just after 9 p.m.
"I looked and I could see that I just jumped in my truck, when I got here, the front part of the building was fully engulfed," Lloyd said.
Pictures posted to social media shows flames shooting out of the roof on the barn on Main Street.
About 400 cows live at the barn, one calf died in the blaze. Lloyd says fire investigators believe faulty wiring is to blame.
"One wire broke through a metal trough that provides electric to the place."
The damage is extensive, Lloyd said he won't be able to ship milk to Dairy Farmers of America.
Meantime, the cows will be milked for healths sake.
Lloyd and his brother have been running the business for 34 years and says they will rebuild as soon as possible.
The panel featured faculty, students, and community members who took…
Watkins Glen International is holding a job fair in preparation for…
A fire overnight Thursday leaves a family in Wellsboro homeless.