The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Haverling moves to 7-1 with win over Letchworth/Warsaw
- First Responder Appreciation: Andrew Dean, Bangs Ambulance
- Horseheads Joe Gilbert on Tampa Bay’s strong start
- Forecast Discussion 10/27/20 PM: Showers Tuesday night into Wednesday, next storm system late week
- Final stretch: Presidential campaigns hit the trail hard in southern states with one week left until Election Day