The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Ex-defense chief Mattis rips Trump for dividing Americans: ‘Does not even pretend to try’
- George Floyd autopsy shows he tested positive for COVID-19 in April
- WATCH: Governor Cuomo’s Daily Briefing at 11:30 a.m.
- Snyder County campground destroyed in rainstorm
- Well-coordinated thieves capitalize on protest chaos