CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) – Kihei Clark scored five points during a 12-0 second-half run and No. 16 Virginia overcame a sloppy effort to beat Navy 65-56.
Braxton Key led Virginia with 15 points, Mamadi Diakite had 13 and Clark added 10.
Clark’s foul-line jumper with 9:09 remaining gave the Cavaliers the lead they had just relinquished.
Key added two baskets and Clark barely beat the shot clock with a 3-point heave that rattled in, giving Virginia a 50-41 lead. C
am Davis led Navy with 19 points and Evan Wieck had 13.
- Music Minute: Still Kickin
- Artists’ trunk show tonight in Corning
- LIVE: Joe Biden makes remarks in Minnesota
- A 10,575 square foot materials recovery facility proposed in Schuyler County
- Keep Corning Musical, one local’s mission to fund live music on Market Street