ELMIRA, N.Y. (WETM) – Elmira Downtown Development, Inc. has announced that the Annual Downtown Elmira Holiday Parade will be returning this year for its 65th year of spreading holiday cheer.
The parade will take place on Friday, Nov. 24, at 10 a.m. and will host over 20 floats and 200 costume characters. The parade is sponsored by Community Bank, N.A., Kennedy Valve and Chemung Supply Corporation.
The parade route will be the same as it has been in previous years and will proceed as follows:
- Begins on Clemens Center parkway traveling westward on Water Street to College Avenue
- College Avenue north to West Clinton Street
- West Clinton Street east to Park Place
- Park Place/North Main Street south to West Gray Street
- West Gray Street to Clemens Center Parkway
The parade will conclude on Clemens Center Parkway between East Gray Street and East Water Street.
The following roads will be closed Friday morning to accommodate the parade:
- Clemens Center Parkway (all lanes) from East Church Street to Hudson Street from 7 a.m. until around noon
- Water Street from Baldwin Street to North Main Street from 7 a.m. until around noon
- All other listed roads along the parade route from 9 a.m. until around noon
- All intersecting streets one block east and one block west along the parade route