ELMIRA, N.Y. (WETM) – Elliandra Batista was arrested on an active Elmira City Court Warrant after Elmira Police alleged she filed fraudulent paperwork with the Department of Social Services and received nearly $10,000 in Daycare Subsidy Benefits she was not entitled to.
Batista was arrested on Sept. 21 and charged with Welfare Fraud 3rd Degree, Grand Larceny 3rd Degree and Offering a False Instrument for Filing 1st Degree. The first two charges are Class D felonies, and the third is a Class E felony.
An investigation conducted by the Department of Social Services Special Investigation Unit and the Elmira Police Dept alleges “that Batista did file fraudulent paperwork with the Department of Social Services and received $9,958.50 in Daycare Subsidy Benefits she was not entitled to receive.”
- After the US’s worst week of COVID-19 cases, here’s where your state stands
- Here’s how the Electoral College works
- Gov. Cuomo orders all travelers to New York to get tested for coronavirus
- NY Blitz Fantasy Spotlight: Week 8
- Quiz: How well do you know the White House families?