SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Embattled California utility Pacific Gas & Electric is the target of a new ad from Sen. Bernie Sanders.
In the new campaign video, Sanders calls out PG&E for repeatedly sparking deadly wildfires and uses it to argue for his version of a Green New Deal.
The three-minute ad shows Sanders surveying burned homes as people criticize the utility, including a resident of Paradise, which is the Northern California town destroyed by a 2018 fire blamed on PG&E’s equipment.
That resident claims PG&E only filed for bankruptcy to limit its payments to wildfire victims.
It ends with a woman’s voice saying “If we’re going to be paying for everything that PG&E does, the people of California should have a say in how it is run.”
- Man in alleged police chokehold arrested in separate assault
- July 14 bail hearing date set for Epstein’s ex-girlfriend
- Chemung County Farmer’s Market Coupon Distribution
- Pennsylvania man admits to defrauding West Virginia bank
- Illinois police chief who took a bullet for President Reagan retires after nearly 50 years