SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Embattled California utility Pacific Gas & Electric is the target of a new ad from Sen. Bernie Sanders.
In the new campaign video, Sanders calls out PG&E for repeatedly sparking deadly wildfires and uses it to argue for his version of a Green New Deal.
The three-minute ad shows Sanders surveying burned homes as people criticize the utility, including a resident of Paradise, which is the Northern California town destroyed by a 2018 fire blamed on PG&E’s equipment.
That resident claims PG&E only filed for bankruptcy to limit its payments to wildfire victims.
It ends with a woman’s voice saying “If we’re going to be paying for everything that PG&E does, the people of California should have a say in how it is run.”
- US Marshals searching for Buffalo man who escaped Rochester halfway house
- Woman allegedly stabbed a man before fleeing from an Altoona motel
- Pope cancels visit with Rome priests for ‘slight’ illness as coronavirus slams Italy
- JetBlue suspends change and cancellation fees because of coronavirus
- Monroe County Sheriffs Office asks for help searching for missing teen