ELMIRA, N.Y. (WETM) – In an effort to curb rising COVID-19 numbers, Chemung County will be distributing KN-95 masks to residents.
County Executive Chris Moss announced on December 22 the Office of Civil Defense and Office of Emergency Operations will be working together to distribute the masks to grocery stores, businesses, fire stations, libraries, community-based organizations and places of worship.
The county health department released a list of locations where masks would be available during normal business hours.
- Tops Supermarket, Big Flats and Southside
- Wegmans, Elmira
- Horseheads Town Hall
- Village of Horseheads Hall
- Town Hall of Big Flats
- Elmira Town Hall
- Southport Town Hall
- Steele Public Library, Elmira
- Big Flats Town Hall
- Catlin Town Hall
- Big Flats Fire Department
- Breesport Fire Department
- Baldwin Fire Department
- East Hill Fire Department
- Erin Fire Department
- Elmira Heights Fire Department
- Horseheads Fire Department
- Pine City Fire Depatment
- Tompkins Corners Fire Department
- Town & Country Fire Department
- Webb Mills Fire Department
- Wellsburg Fire Department
- Van Etten Fire Department
Starting January 3 masks will also be available at EOP on Baldwin Street in Elmira.
Masks are limited to five masks per person.
Anyone who would like a mask is asked to submit a request at the Chemung County website. The county will then contact you for delivery or pick-up.
Anyone with questions can call the Civil Defense Office at 607-873-1117.