ELMIRA, N.Y. (WETM) – On Thursday Chemung County announced that there were zero cases of COVID-19 at the Elmira Correctional Facility, a massive drop-off after more than 500 cases were reported just weeks ago.
Last week the county removed approximately 400 cases from their daily dashboard and said that numbers were trending in the right direction.
Two days ago on Nov. 5 the Department of Corrections and Community Supervision reported 594 cases with 335 recoveries and two pending tests at Elmira Correctional Facility.
There are currently 212 incarcerated individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19, 912 negative results, 383 individuals recovered, and 2 tests pending.DOCCS
The county did report 49 new cases and one COVID-19 death on Thursday, giving them 167 active cases and 22 total deaths since the spring.
- ‘Born to help people’: WWII vet starts scooter fleet to help retirement home residents
- More than 800 turtles found ‘swimming’ in storm drains along Jersey Shore
- Ithaca Firefighters save person in senior living high rise fire
- Regional Forecast – Northern Tier (5/8/21)
- Regional Forecast – Southern Tier (5/8/21)