HORSEHEADS, N.Y. (WETM) – Chemung County has reported its 18th COVID-19 death, the fourth reported this week.
According to Chemung County Executive Chris Moss, the patient was a 72-year-old woman from the Village of Horseheads.
County Executive Moss adds that the case is linked to a COVID-19 cluster that is under investigation.
Chemung County currently has 547 active cases of COVID-19, 389 of which are inmates at the Elmira Correctional Facility.
This is a developing story and 18 News will have more information as it becomes available.
- Arrest made in hit-and-run of Mass. State Police trooper
- The precursor of Father’s Day was inspired by a tragic accident
- Half-dozen cyclists in critical condition after driver strikes group participating in bike event
- Affidavit reveals one-year-old weighed 8 pounds at time of death, parents arrested
- WATCH: 30-foot whale shark surprises fisherman: ‘Biggest I’ve ever seen in the Gulf’