CHEMUNG COUNTY, N.Y. (WETM) – Chemung County has reported four additional COVID-19 deaths, setting the county’s death toll at 45 since early April.
On Nov. 28 two individuals from the Town of Southport, an 86-year-old man and a 70-year-old woman, passed away.
On Nov. 29, two residents of Elcor Nursing home in Horseheads, a 63-year-old woman and a 67-year-old man, also passed away.
We want to send our condolences to the individuals’ families and friends. The County Executive and the Health Department would like to remind everyone of the continued importance of mask use, social distancing, and proper handwashing.Chemung County Executive Chris Moss
According to Elcor’s website, seven residents have died after contracting the virus and half of their residents have tested positive.
On Tuesday the county also reported 47 new cases with 205 active cases, 42 hospitalizations, and 2,921 recoveries.
- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo updates New Yorkers on distribution of COVID-19 vaccine
- House fire in Van Etten contained to room of origin
- Crystal Lanes hosting fundraiser for Turtle Leaf Cafe
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander
- Bills fan caught crying on tv after emotional playoff win embraces added attention