CHEMUNG COUNTY, N.Y. (WETM) – Chemung County has reported its sixth COVID-19 death, a 64-year-old female.
Chemung County Executive Moss says that the case was not a member of the Lighthouse Baptist Church, but she was a contact with a member of the church.
This is the second known COVID-19 death that has been connected to the church by Chemung County officials. The church has denied any part in the first COVID-19 death that was connected to its congregation.
The first COVID-19 death connected to the church was a 76-year-old man. County Executive Chris Moss told 18 News at the time that the person was not a member of the church, but they were related to someone who had recently attended a service at the church.
This death is the third reported by the county since mid-September. The average death of the five ages reported by the county is 72-years-old with all of the known cases being 64 or older.
On Tuesday morning Chemung County reported 25 new cases of COVID-19 with 88 active cases and 317 recoveries. Nearly 300 people are currently in quarantine in Chemung County.
- Wednesday’s Travel Forecast (10/28/2020)
- Recent Listeria infection outbreak traced back to deli meat, CDC says
- Wednesday’s Dog Walker Forecast (10/28/2020)
- New York Thruway Authority preparing for possible October snow
- State police performing tests on AMBER Alert system on Wednesday