WASHINGTON (WKRG) — Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz is self-quarantined after coming in contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
Rep. Gaetz is not experiencing symptoms, the congressman tweeted, adding that he was tested for coronavirus on Monday and expects results soon.
The congressman made headlines last week for wearing a gas mask to a House vote on coronavirus funding.
Several other lawmakers, including Senator Ted Cruz and Representatives Paul Gosar and Doug Collins, have also self-quarantined.
- ‘We are blowing up the precedent’: Dems argue against vote to confirm Trump’s Supreme Court nominee
- ‘This Is Us’ two-hour season premiere shows Pearsons in reality of pandemic
- Susan B. Anthony grave has new plastic shield for protection from ‘I voted’ stickers
- NYPD sued over aggressive tactics against Floyd protesters
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as a new week begins