NICHOLS, NEW YORK (WETM-TV) – Tioga Downs Casino Resort is open for business however guidelines will be put in place effective immediately.
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo directed that any gathering with 500 or more participants be canceled or postponed. Attendance at gaming establishment amenities such as restaurants, showrooms, banquet halls and convention space are now restricted:
- Events and gatherings with 500 or more individuals in attendance shall be
- Events and gatherings with less than 500 individuals in attendance must operate at no more than 50 percent of maximum occupancy.
- Places of business, like restaurants, shall comport with the following:
- If capacity exceeds 1,000, capacity shall be reduced to 500
- If capacity is 999 or less, capacity shall be reduced by 50 percent.
Additionally, attendance limitations are now required at your gaming establishment.
The purpose of this limitation is to permit a voluntary social distancing between your patrons to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 respiratory virus. Accordingly, your facility shall take measures to limit
- Disabling consecutively placed machines, which will functionally enable space between patrons; and
- Limiting the number of patrons at any given table game or ETGs, to provide at least one empty chair or gaming position between patrons.
Attendance at the gaming portion of your facility is required to be limited to 500 or
This new requirement is effective today, Friday, March 13th at 5:00 p.m. and shall remain in effect until further notice.
Executive Director, New York Gaming Commission