Toddler laid to rest after falling into grease trap in Rochester.

Investigations

Emotions are still high and raw today as Bryce Raynor, the 3-year-old boy who died in an accident at a Rochester restaurant last week and was laid to rest on yesterday.

As we first reported to you, Raynor suffocated after falling into a grease trap behind the Tim Hortons last week. His mother worked there and brought him to work with her on that unimaginable day.

The grease trap at the Tim Hortons location was located in an open area in the back of the restaurant. Rochester police say the lid to the grease trap’s tank was not only made of plastic, but was left unsecured which is likely how Raynor fell in. 18 news spoke with the state health department. According to New York health law they (the health department) does not inspect the grease traps at restaurants.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

If you have a news tip or a correction to the story you can email it to us through this link. If you would like to send a comment to the author of the story, you can find their email on our Meet the Team page.

Trending Now