A utility company in Pennsylvania is admitting fault in an explosion that destroyed a house.
Columbia Gas says it should have installed a pressure regulator at the home during a project to upgrade and replace area gas mains.
However, Columbia’s president says the home was on a different street from other homes involved in the project, and the company simply missed it.
Without a pressure regulator at the home — pressure built up leading to the gas leak and explosion.
The homeowner and three firefighters were hospitalized.
There is still no word on their conditions, but officials and investigators expect them to recover.