(WIVB)- Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. SANDERS EDGES BUTTIGIEG IN NEW HAMPSHIRE The self-described democratic socialist edges his moderate rival and scores the first clear victory in the Democratic Party’s chaotic 2020 nomination fight.
2. CONCERNS GROW OVER NEVADA’S CAUCUS Volunteers say key information had yet to be shared, there has been no hands-on training with iPads being deployed to caucus sites nor opportunities to try out a new “tool.”
3. POPE FRANCIS DEFLECTS MARRIED PRIESTS ISSUE The pontiff declines to approve the ordination of married men to address the priest shortage in the Amazon, sidestepping a fraught issue.
4. CHINA’S COMMUNIST PARTY FACES DILEMMA Xi Jinping’s government can either admit a viral outbreak isn’t under control or bring 3,000 legislators to Beijing next month and risk fueling public anger at its handling of the disease.
5. ROGER STONE CASE TAKES UNEXPECTED TURN The lawyers who prosecuted Trump’s longtime ally and confidant quit the case after the Justice Department overrules them and says it will take the extraordinary step of lowering the amount of prison time it is seeking.
6. WHAT MATERIAL IS ON THE RISE Incidents of white supremacist propaganda distributed across the nation jumps by more than 120% between 2018 and last year, an anti-bias group says.
7. WHERE ASIAN CARP BATTLE HAS OPENED In Kentucky, where the invasive species threatens to upend aquatic ecosystems, starve out native fish and wipe out endangered mussel and snail populations along the Mississippi River and dozens of tributaries.
8. GREATER SCRUTINY OF VINDMAN URGED Trump suggests that the Pentagon review the conduct of a former White House national security aide who played a central role in the Democrats’ impeachment case.
9. DON’T GET ANGRY AND KEEP SMILING That’s Chitetsu Watanabe secret to longevity as the Japanese man became the world’s oldest male at 112 years and 344 days old, according to Guinness World Records.
10. BLUES GET A SCARE WHEN PLAYER STRICKEN St. Louis defenseman Jay Bouwmeester is hospitalized and undergoing tests after suffering a cardiac episode and collapsing on the bench during a game in Anaheim.