Due to heavy rain and runoff, the following roads have been closed in Chemung County, according to Chemung County Officials.
- Lower maple
- Front st.
- Comfort hill
- Christian Hollow
- Penn Ave at Reynolds
- South Broadway – bulkhead to county line
- Shutting down left lane of Clemens parkway
- W church at Hendy to western town line
- W church at Glen Ave
- Underwood Ave
- Route 352 from Elmira to Winter Road
- E Franklin at Rt 13
- Sing Sing road to Murphy Hill Road
- Barnes Hill Road
- Beers Hill Road
- Route 225 at Henry Creek Rd
Tractor trailers trying to get down Rt 14 / 328 to Pennsylvania are being stopped and are being staged at Darymple’s on S Broad.
The Chemung County Office of Emergency Management is advising if you are in a location that has a history of flash flooding, we recommend you leave the area and get to shelter. Flash flooding is unpredictable and you may need to leave at a moments notice. Please stay alert. Unnecessary travel is not advised at this time.