GEORGIA (WFLA) — A convicted rapist is on the run after being released from prison by mistake.
Tony Maycon Munoz-Mendez was released on accident from Rogers State Prison in Reidsville Oct. 25 around 11:30 a.m.
Munoz-Mendez was serving time after being convicted of rape and aggravated child molestation charges in Gwinnett County.
He began serving a life sentence in April 2015.
Anyone who sees Munoz-Mendez is urged not to approach him, but instead call 911 immediately.
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- Thursday’s Pollen Outlook (10/1/20)
- Watch the full interview: Dr. Birx answers COVID-19 questions on NewsNation
- Coronavirus stimulus vote delayed in US House, Mnuchin says agreement reached on checks if there is a deal
- NY State Senate candidates debate the issues at 18 News studio