GEORGIA (WFLA) — A convicted rapist is on the run after being released from prison by mistake.
Tony Maycon Munoz-Mendez was released on accident from Rogers State Prison in Reidsville Oct. 25 around 11:30 a.m.
Munoz-Mendez was serving time after being convicted of rape and aggravated child molestation charges in Gwinnett County.
He began serving a life sentence in April 2015.
Anyone who sees Munoz-Mendez is urged not to approach him, but instead call 911 immediately.
- Proposed bill aims to expose sexual harassment in local government
- What to expect during the Las Vegas Democratic debate
- Bill looks to put money in local communities to fight veteran suicide
- Nikki Baker Memorial Show returns for NTW
- Horse vs. Horsepower: a standoff between NYS trooper and a horse brings back history