GEORGIA (WFLA) — A convicted rapist is on the run after being released from prison by mistake.
Tony Maycon Munoz-Mendez was released on accident from Rogers State Prison in Reidsville Oct. 25 around 11:30 a.m.
Munoz-Mendez was serving time after being convicted of rape and aggravated child molestation charges in Gwinnett County.
He began serving a life sentence in April 2015.
Anyone who sees Munoz-Mendez is urged not to approach him, but instead call 911 immediately.
- Hornell native Mike Waufle discusses Bills success
- It’s Your Money – Jan. 19 2021
- NYS Senate Majority advances legislation to help small businesses impacted by COVID-19
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff
- Third stimulus checks: Democratic critic of larger direct payments softens stance