Bath Fire Department responds to fire in Wheeler

Corning Bureau

Courtesy John Walczak

BATH, N.Y. (WETM) – The Bath Volunteer Fire Department responded to a house fire in the Town of Wheeler on Wednesday evening after receiving a call for smoke coming out of the roof.

When the department arrived there were flames coming out of the roof from the one-story home. Departments from the Bath VA, Hammondsport, Kanona, Avoca, Savona, Prattsburgh and Pulteney as well as Bath Volunteer Ambulance Corps were called out and NYSEG cut the power.

The fire was under control in 33 minutes and mutual aid was canceled. No injuries were reported.

In a press release, both the Bath Volunteer Fire Department and the Steuben County Fire Investigation officially ruled the fire as accidental. It was determined that the fire started from a faulty bathroom ceiling fan.

The Bath Volunteer Fire Department and The Steuben County Fire Investigation has ruled that the fire yesterday at 8565 Bates Road in the Town of Wheeler as accidental. It was determined that the fire started from a faulty bathroom ceiling fan.

John Conrad Sr. | Public Information Officer, Bath Volunteer Fire Dept.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

More Corning
Mobile Apps DMB_1503428499636.png

Trending Now

Maps Generator