CORNING, N.Y. (WETM) – The Corning Museum of Glass will reopen on Wednesday, July 1.
Representatives for the museum tell 18 News that they will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. through Labor Day, and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. thereafter.
Reservations are required and advanced timed tickets are now available for purchase. https://reservations.cmog.org/
Earlier this week the museum released health and safety protocols, including a mask requirement.
The protocols come after Governor Cuomo released guidelines for phase four, which includes museums.
Masks and Health Screening
- All visitors (over the age of 2) and staff are required to wear a face covering while on the Museum’s campus. Please bring your own mask
- If you are unable to wear a mask or do not want to wear a mask, we will have to ask you to return at a later time
- All guests will be thermal scanned upon entry
- If you have a temperature of 100.4°F, we’ll kindly ask that you and your party plan to visit us another day
- All staff are also required to participate in temperature screenings each time they enter the building
- We ask that all visitors and staff complete a self-health check before entering
- Social distancing efforts will be in effect throughout the Museum. Please follow guides and floor marks
Ticketing and Admissions
Advanced admission tickets are now required. Please purchase your timed tickets online ahead of your arrival.
- Tickets are available at half-hour intervals throughout the day
- Please arrive within the 30-minute window following the time on your ticket
- Tickets are good for the entire day, do not limit the amount of time you may spend in the Museum, and are good for two consecutive days
- There is now a daily attendance cap
- We will not be accepting groups of 10 or more at this time
Space Changes and Getting Around
- The Shops, Café, and Cafe Express, and Welcome Center Parking Lot are open for guests to enjoy
- The Welcome Center is closed at this time
- Shuttle buses will continue to run at a reduced capacity of 10 people at a time
- Most touch elements in our displays have been removed or modified
Hot Glass Demonstrations
We are still featuring live glassblowing demonstrations! To ensure that everyone can enjoy the demo experience in a safe manner, new protocols have been established.
- New traffic flow patterns and seating arrangements have been implemented in our demonstration spaces
- The flameworking booth has been relocated to a larger space
- Optical Fiber and Glass Breaking demonstrations are not currently offered
Make Your Own Glass
- Limited Make Your Own Glass projects are available.
- Fusing and Sandblasting are currently the only projects available as they allow for minimal contact
- Each participant will be supplied with their own personal project kit
- Participants will be required to wash their hands prior to the experience and keep their masks on for the duration of their project
- Space and availability are limited, advanced reservations are required
- Everyone at The Studio is required to wear a mask
- Entry to the building will be through The Studio front doors
- All guests will have their temperatures scanned and will complete a self-health questionnaire if they haven’t already completed one in the Admissions Lobby
Rakow Research Library
- The Rakow Research Library will be open by appointment only between 10 am and 4 pm, Monday through Thursday
- Only 5 patrons may be in the library at a time
- Library access is currently limited to researchers actively using our collections