ELMIRA N.Y. (WETM) – As we honor Black History Month, we reflect on untold history, experiences, and contributions. In addition, it’s a time to reflect on one commitment to try to combat the common issue many people of color battle today.
This month’s discussion included leaders in the community who spoke about race relations for themselves and our community.
Community Advocate, Rosland Geter, organized and co-moderated the discussion.
- Ethel Stroman, Community Advocate
- Ted Peet, City of Lights, basketball hoop group
- Jeremy Moss, Community Advocate
- Nykole Parks, Registered Nurse
- Caranell Parks, Assoc, Pastor at City of Lights
- Gilbert Rodriguez, Owner, Elmira Disc Center
- Daniel Hodge, MFT