(WSYR-TV) — Many fans have likely been counting down the days since it was announced earlier this year that Sir Paul McCartney would be performing at the JMA Wireless Dome at 8 p.m. on Saturday, June 4. There are 35,000 people expected at the event.
While the show doesn’t start until 8 p.m., Ticketmaster advises concert-goers to get to the Dome early. Roads will be busy, even with traffic directors, but University Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer Pete Sala says the event will require the biggest traffic deployment in Syracuse in at least four to five years. Several roads will also be closed in Downtown Syracuse for the Taste of Syracuse and Paige’s Butterfly Run.
The earliest you can get to the event would be at 3 p.m. on Saturday, when parking lots open. The Dome opens its gates at 6 p.m.
Speaking of parking, Sala recommends that fans without a JMA Dome parking pass go to the Skytop parking lots on South Campus. You can park for $25 per car and it includes a free shuttle service to the Dome starting at 4 p.m.
No matter where you park, Sala recommends bringing cash — but you’ll need a card in order to pay for anything within the Dome since they’ve gone cashless.
In order to get inside, you’ll obviously need your ticket. You should have these ready to go before you leave your house to make sure you aren’t struggling to find them once you get in line.
Visitors no longer need to show proof of vaccination or a negative test to enter the Dome. You also aren’t required to wear a mask inside the event.
If you need a handicap accessible entrance, there are three: Gates A, C and G. An elevator is located inside the Dome, behind the box office at Gate B, that provides access to the upper level.
- Gate A, located on the south side of the stadium, is where the handicap accessible shuttle bus drops off and picks up.
- Gate C, located on the northwest corner of the stadium, is near the walkway from the Irving Garage.
- Gate G, located on the southeast corner of the stadium (just east of Gate A), is where the handicap accessible shuttle bus picks up.
All other visitors can enter the Dome at any gate.
The floor seating area can be accessed from any aisle leading to the floor. At the stairs to the floor, guests will have tickets verified and receive a wristband. This process will happen inside of the Dome. If you have floor seats, account for this process when planning how early to enter the stadium.
Once you’re inside and have your seat, all that’s left is to enjoy the music! If you’re curious about what songs will be played, Wikipedia shares the “Got Back” tour setlist:
- Can’t Buy Me Love
- Junior’s Farm
- Letting Go
- Got to Get You into My Life
- Come On to Me
- Let Me Roll It (with Foxy Lady coda)
- Getting Better
- Women and Wives or Let ‘Em In
- My Valentine
- Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five
- Maybe I’m Amazed
- I’ve Just Seen a Face or We Can Work it Out
- In Spite of All the Danger
- Love Me Do
- Dance Tonight
- Here Today
- Queenie Eye or New
- Lady Madonna
- Fuh You
- Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- You Never Give Me Your Money / She Came In Through the Bathroom Window
- Get Back
- Band on the Run
- Let It Be
- Live and Let Die
- Hey Jude
- I’ve Got a Feeling duet with John Lennon
- Helter Skelter
- Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight / The End