Gearing up for Pink the Park


When the Elmira Pioneers take the field against the Newark Pilots on Saturday, July 20, the team will be donning pink as they help to “Strike Out” Beast Cancer.

Dunn Field will be decorated in Pink to drive home the message of breast cancer awareness and to show its support of the Komen Upstate New York – Twin Tiers Region, based in Elmira.

Komen will be on hand with information, giveaway’s and merchandise to help support its mission of raising awareness and ending breast cancer.

Along with raising awareness and financial support, the event will also recognize breast cancer survivors that evening.

Attendees may also honor a special breast cancer patient/survivor or remember a loved one by purchasing a Tribute that will be displayed at the stadium for $5.

“We are honored that the Elmira Pioneers have again chosen to support the local fight against breast cancer,” said Amanda Beecher, of Komen Upstate New York – Twin Tiers. “As with all of our initiatives, 75 percent of net funds remain in our local community to provide screenings to uninsured and underinsured women and men, financial support for patients facing barriers to care, and education while the remaining 25 percent funds the critical research that is finding the cures to end breast cancer.”

All 2019 Twin Tiers Race for the Cure race participants received a coupon for four free general admission tickets for the Pink in the Park in the race packets. Those coupons can be redeemed for four free game tickets.

Additional Pink in the Park tickets for the public is available at Dunn Field.

General admission is $8, Children and Seniors are $5 and VIP seating is $10.

For more information click here.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Mobile Apps DMB_1503428499636.png

Trending Now