TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – KFC has avoided the chicken sandwich war currently going on between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, but it’s latest menu item could be a rival.
KFC will debut the mac and cheese bowl featuring fried popcorn chicken.
The loaded bowls will be added to the chain’s $5 fill-up menu Aug. 26.
For those who live on the wild side, there’s a Nashville hot chicken version as well.
While mac and cheese is nothing new for KFC, this version comes just weeks after Chick-fil-A added its own version of the popular side to menus.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Albany man accused of slashing tires on 10 Monroe County Sheriff’s Office vehicles arrested
- White House press secretary holds briefing
- Flu vaccines available to Veterans enrolled in VA health care
- Schuyler County kitten that was thrown from truck recovered – ready for adoption
- Cohen Elementary class returns to school after COVID-19 concern