Timothy A. Heck of Addison, New York was arrested after allegedly assaulting a Corning Police Officer Friday afternoon.
Heck, who had a warrant out for his arrest for falsifying a business record, was observed walking in downtown Corning by the officer. When the officer approached Heck, the officer observed Heck smoking a marijuana cigarette.
Heck attempted to destroy the cigarette and ran from the officer into a residence. When the officer attempted to arrest Heck, the 29-year-old suspect continually fought, resisted and assaulted the officer until other Corning Police Officers and a NY State Trooper arrived.
Heck was taken to the Corning Police Department for processing and was then taken to Steuben County Criminal Court in Bath for formal arraignment on the following charges:
1. Two counts of felony Falsifying a Business Record
2. One count of misdemeanor Criminal Possession of Marijuana
3. One count of felony Tampering with Physical Evidence
4. One count of misdemeanor Resisting Arrest
5. One count of felony Assault on a Police Officer
Heck’s bail was set at $65,000 cash bail. He has been remanded to the Steuben County Jail and is scheduled to appear in Court at a later date.