Elementary School Evacuated Because Of Diesel Fume Concerns

x (Do not use) Local News - -
ODESSA, NY (18 NEWS) — BC Cate Elementary School evacuated students and staff Wednesday after the district office received calls about diesel fumes coming into the air intake valve in the school’s gym.

37 Students were in the gym at the time.

All staff and students were then transported to Howard A. Hanlon Elementary School.

“Clearly our first concern and consideration is to the safety and health of this staff and the students,” Interim Superintendent Peter Punto said.

He plans to join air-quality specialists at the school Thursday morning to evaluate the environment.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Mobile Apps DMB_1503428499636.png

Trending Now