Painted Post house fire caused by lithium battery

x (Do not use) Local News - -

A house fire that displaced a family of three in Painted Post was caused by a lithium battery, according to 18 News’ media partner The Leader.

Quick action by neighbors saved the family’s dog, and no one was home at the time of the blaze.

Painted Post Fire Chief Larry Smith told The Leader that the majority of the damage was caused by smoke on the top flood and water.

The Corning City Fire Department provided mutual aid, and Chief Smith said that the fire would have been worse if not for quick actions from the neighbor.

“The neighbor that called in the fire was a big help in us being able to put out the fire before it did heavy damage.”

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


Mobile Apps DMB_1503428499636.png