Zecary Banks was arraigned in Chemung County Court Tuesday afternoon following the July 28th shooting at Patrick’s Pub on College Avenue in Elmira.
The nine-count indictment against Banks, 27, of Elmira, includes one count of attempted second-degree murder.
The shooting incident resulted in five people being hospitalized. Four of the shooting victims have been released from the hospital and one is currently in a rehabilitation center, according to the Elmira Police Department.
Banks was taken into custody by the U.S. Marshals Services in Charlotte, North Carolina on Sept. 9.
Banks was indicted on the following charges:
- Attempted murder in the second degree
- Criminal use of a firearm in the first degree
- Three counts of assault in the first degree
- Two counts of assault in the second degree
- Two counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree
Bail was set at $500,000 cash or $1 million bond to prevent Banks from fleeing before the trial.
His next court appearance is scheduled for Oct. 28 in Chemung County Court.
Stick with 18 News and MyTwinTiers.com for continuing coverage.