How you can help with Hunger Action Month.
Fill the Bus
• Shop at Wegmans from September 13-26 to purchase and donate items for our BackPack Program
- Peanut butter
- Cans of tuna or chicken
- Boxed macaroni
- Canned fruit and vegetables
- These are items that are often not donated to the Food Bank enough to support the program
Last year more than 90,000 pounds of food were donated to the BackPack Program. The program provides nutritious meals to students over weekends and holiday breaks when they don’t have access to school meals.
During the 2014-2015 school year, the BackPack Program served 41 schools districts in all 6 counties we service, and provided more than 2,800 children with packs each week. Overall, more than 85,000 packs were distributed.
WALKIN’ THE COUNTRY
• 4th and final Walkin’ the Country with Chris Allinger from Q Country from SEPTEMBER 14-18
• Walks to every town in Tompkins County to raise money for the BackPack Program
• First three years raised more than $80,000 for the program
• For more information or to find out where Chris will be making his stops, go to 1037qcountry.com
• Family Night is Wednesday SEPTEMBER 16TH, sponsored by Bobby K Entertainment. Family Nights will be held at the Food Bank one Wednesday each month.
• Each Family Night will have a different theme, with the first one being Summer Fling. There will be inflatables in the warehouse and a make your own lei station, as well as snacks and temporary tattoos provided by Bobby K.
• Includes two sessions of volunteering 4:00-5:30 PM, 6:00-8:00 PM.
• Entertainment 5:15-6:15 PM.
• Families can come early or stay late, they can attend one volunteer session or both. Families need to sign up online at our website.
• Great way for families to spend time together while giving back to the community.
• For more information: Call the Food Bank of the Southern Tier 607-796-6061
Visit our website www.FoodBankST.org