The Town of Big Flats will conduct its annual brush pick up, all brush must be out no later than April 8.
Residents are reminded to follow the guidelines outlined by the Department of Public Works page under Government.
Residents are reminded:
- The brush pick-up program is for minor trimming of trees & shrubs around the resident’s home and is not for tree removal or the clearing of lots. Any material considered to be from lot clearing will not be picked up.
- No leaves, grass clippings, lumber, or boards.
- Stack brush neatly parallel to the curb/street, not in the roadway, with butt-ends facing the same direction.
- NO limbs larger than 6” in diameter.
- REMOVE nails, wire, string, and rope.
- All brush must be out and ready for pick-up by 4/8/2019. Once brush is removed from your area, the department will not return.
- No stumps will be removed or collected. Please contact a private tree service for assistance if you have stumps requiring removal or pick-up.
- There is no need to call to be put on a list.