Town of Wheeler Fire Caused By Faulty Power Strip

x (Do not use) Local News - -
town of wheeler fire_1450717523893.jpg

The Steuben County Fire Department now knows the cause of the fire that destroyed a family home in the Town of Wheeler last week.

Just after 3 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 18 the Bath Volunteer Fire Department responded to a home at 8418 State Route 53 which was completely engulfed in flames.

Nobody was home at the time of the fire, other than the family’s dog who was rushed to see a veterinarian but was unable to be saved.

The home is a complete loss.

Steuben County Fire Investigator Joe Gerych tells us the cause of the fire was a faulty power strip.

The Red Cross is assisting two adults and one child since the incident

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Mobile Apps DMB_1503428499636.png

Trending Now