BEAVER DAMS, N.Y. (WETM) – One person has been charged after a multi-county police chase that stretched across the Twin Tiers.
Nicholas Ingersoll, 24, of Beaver Dams was arrested after the chase that began on Sept. 4 in Montour Falls. The chase began after police say Ingersoll failed to stop for a traffic violation in Schuyler County.
Ingersoll led police on a chase that went through the Towns of Montour, Catharine (Schuyler County), Veteran, Catlin (Chemung County) Dix, and Orange (Schuyler County).
During the pursuit, police say Ingersoll struck a Schuyler County Sheriff’s Patrol vehicle and attempted to strike a New York State Police vehicle.
Ingersoll was also found with several components and materials used in the production of methamphetamine, according to police.
Ingersoll was charged with the following offenses:
· Unlawfully fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle in the third degree, a class A misdemeanor
· Reckless Endangerment in the first degree, a class D Felony
· Criminal Mischief in the third degree, a class E Felony
· Reckless Driving, an unclassified misdemeanor
· Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a motor vehicle in the third degree, an unclassified misdemeanor
· Unlawful Manufacture of Methamphetamine in the third degree, a Class D Felony
· Multiple Vehicle and Traffic violations
Ingersoll was arraigned in the Village of Montour Falls Court where he was remanded to jail in lieu of $10,000/$20,000 bail/bond.
Sheriff’s Deputies were assisted by the New York State Police and Chemung County Sheriff’s Office.