The City of Corning’s Water Department will flush fire hydrants beginning Monday, May 6 through Friday, May 10. Flushings will take place between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
The Department said customers may notice low water pressure and see discolored water coming out of faucets. The Department added discolored water will not affect your health, but could damage your clothes if you plan on doing laundry.
Residents are advised to run their cold if they see discoloration until it dissipates.
Flushings at the following locations will take place on the following days:
- May 6th – Pine St. West to City line
- May 7th – Pine St. East to City line
- May 8th – Houghton Plot to Bridge St.
- May 9th – Bridge St. to Reynolds Ave. including W. William and Hillvue Ave.
- May 10th – Reynolds Ave. to City line including areas above the railroad tracks.