ELMIRA, N.Y. (WETM) – An Elmira Heights man has been indicted on multiple charges, including two counts of rape.
Benjamin Channell, 24, is facing nine charges in Chemung County after allegedly raping a person born in 2003 in February and April of 2019, according to the Chemung County District Attorney’s Office.
According to court documents, the victim and defendant engaged in oral sex. The victim was also assaulted in June after Channell allegedly struck her in the right eye.
A Chemung County Grand Jury indicted Channell on the following charges:
- Rape in the Third Degree, two counts
- Criminal Sexual Act in the Third Degree, four counts
- Assault in the Third Degree
- Criminal Possession of Stolen Property in the Fourth Degree
- Unlawful Imprisonment in the Second Degree
Channell is also facing charges for allegedly stealing Cavallo street truck rims and tires worth more than $1,000.
In 2017 Channell previously was wanted by Elmira Police for rape in the third degree and was featured on Twin Tiers Most Wanted.