Black Friday and Cyber Monday have come and gone which means millions of shoppers are now eagerly awaiting the arrival of brown paper packages in their mailbox. But what do you do if those holiday cards and gifts never arrive?
The United States Post Office says your first step should be to search your package’s tracking number, if it has one. You can check your package’s current status here: USPS Tracking
Next, if your package hasn’t arrived after seven business days, USPS says you should submit a Missing Mail Search Request with the following information:
- Sender mailing address
- Recipient mailing address
- Size and type of container or envelope you used
- Identifying information such as your USPS Tracking number(s), the mailing date from your mailing receipt, or Click-N-Ship® label receipt
- Description of the contents such as what it is and the brand, model, color, or size, if applicable
- Pictures that could help us recognize your item
If both of the above options come up empty, you can request refund if you used a service with a money-back guarantee like Priority Mail Express. Learn About Refunds
Problems With Receiving Mail
If you’re having trouble receiving your mail, if your mail is not being delivered, or if it’s arriving on an unusual schedule, contact your local post office.
You can use Post Office Locator tool to find your nearest USPS location: https://tools.usps.com/go/POLocatorAction!input.action