The owner of the home that caught fire in the Town of Veteran is still without a place to hang his hat tonight. It happened on Lee Street around 7:00 PM on Friday.
The Red Cross met with the owner, David Drake, today to assess the damage.
The home is considered a total loss.
Drake lived on Lee Street his entire life and says he’s devastated to lose the house he’s put so much work into over the years.
“I couldn’t tell you [how I’m feeling.] It’s everything I owned, I lost. But I have family still so you just pick up and keep going I guess,” Drake said.
If you’d like to help Drake rebuild, click here.