CANISTEO, N.Y. (WETM) – A Hornell man is facing multiple charges after a high-speed chase in Steuben County.
Police say the chase began on the east side of Hornell on Aug. 31 around 1:00 p.m. The chase led police into Canisteo before the driver abandoned his vehicle and fled on foot between Cunningham Creek Rd and Mehlenbacher Rd.
Police identified the driver as 50-year-old Brian Hojnoski and attempted to take him into custody on Sept. 6 before a second chase ensued. Hojnoski was eventually arrested after he fled on flood to a residence.
Hojnoski is facing multiple charges, including 25 traffic tickets:
- Two counts of reckless endangerment, 2nd degree
- Two counts of reckless endangerment, 1st degree
- Criminal possession of stolen property, 3rd degree
- Criminal possession of stolen property, 4th degree
- Unlawfully fleeing a police officer
- Unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, 3rd degree
- Criminal nuisance, 2nd degree
- Criminal possession of a controlled substance, 5th degree
- Criminal using drug paraphernalia, 2nd degree
Hojnoski was arraigned in centralized arraignment program in Steuben County and was remanded to the county jail pending a future appearance in Hornell City Court.