House fire reported on Columbia Street in Elmira

Local News

ELMIRA, N.Y. (WETM) – A house fire has been reported on the 100 block of Columbia Street in Elmira.

The Elmira Fire Department at the scene and no smoke or flames are currently visible.

According to Deputy Chief for Elmira Fire, Bill Gillette the fire caught onto a bed mattress, crew members were able to contain and douse the fire in less than 10 minutes.

Red Cross also assessing the situation.

This is a developing story and 18 News will have more information as it becomes available.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Mobile Apps DMB_1503428499636.png

Trending Now