Improper Insulation Leads to Chimney Fire

Local News

An improperly insulated chimney is to blame for a fire on Maiden Lane in the Village of Millport.  

Millport Fire Chief Mike Cleveland says the flames could be seen around the chimney of a wood stove in the living room. 

Clevbeland believes the chimney was not insulated correctly and lead to the fire Tuesday morning.

He believes the home is repairable and was insured. 

No one was hurt in the incident and the owner is being assisted by American Red Cross.  

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Mobile Apps DMB_1503428499636.png

Trending Now