(WETM) – The New York State Department of Transportation is advising motorists of daytime lane closures in place this week along State Route 70 to resurface more than six miles of pavement between Route 36 in Steuben County and the hamlet of Swain in Allegany County.
Construction to improve the rideability of the pavement along Route 70 will take place in two phases. The first phase has begun and is expected to last approximately one week. The second phase of construction, a single-course pavement overlay, is expected to take place for approximately one week in early October.
During construction, two-way traffic will be maintained using alternating single-lane closures and on-site flagging personnel. Motorists may experience delays during this time and are advised to seek an alternate route. No detours will be posted as part of the construction.
Construction activities are weather dependent and subject to change based on conditions.
- Buccaneers and Joe Gilbert advance to NFC Championship game
- Amid fears of ‘insider’ attack, FBI vetting Guard troops in DC
- Small numbers of protesters gather at fortified US capitols
- Elmira shooting leaves one person injured
- Forecast Discussion 1/17/2021 PM: Chance for snow overnight, limited sunshine this week