(WSYR-TV) — New York State’s minimum wage is set to increase again this month on Dec. 31.
The minimum wage across most of the state will increase from $11.80 to $12.50.
Long Island and Westchester will go from $13 to $14.
This is all part of a law passed back in 2016. The rate will go up every year throughout the state until all of New York reaches $15 an hour.
- Tim Tebow sends special birthday message to 105-year-old Mississippi woman
- Cuomo down but not out as new poll fuels governor race speculation
- First Responder Appreciation: Chris and Steve Jordan, Brooktondale Fire and Cornell University
- Marijuana advocates, state leaders to participate in march to legalize cannabis
- Marijuana activists giving free joints to vaccinated New Yorkers in Union Square on 4/20