BATH, N.Y. (WETM) – Informative workshops on a wide range of topics are slated for the annual Steuben County Office for the Aging Senior Forum set for 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Sept. 19 at the First Presbyterian Church, Pulteney Square, Bath.
Preregistration is required for the free forum, which includes a continental breakfast, and a public hearing on the county’s 2020 aging services implementation plan.
Participants also may choose two free workshops, on a first-come, first-served basis, on the following topics:
- How Smart Is Your Home? — Smart consumers wishing to age in place know that smart technology can make a world of difference in terms of safety and quality of life.
- Similarities (and Differences) of Birding and Mushrooming — Many people enjoy watching birds, but very few pursue wild mushrooms in a similar manner. This program will compare and contrast these two activities, with more emphasis on mushrooming.
- The Simple Secret to Senior Success — Explore the research of living well longer. Participants are motivated and inspired to age with greater health and hope. Navigating the New Financial World — Navigating the new financial world – learn what seniors need to know about protecting themselves from fraudsters who operate scams, account takeovers and identity theft.
- Rhine River Cruise — Come share this amazing adventure of a Rhine River Cruise, starting in the Netherlands and ending in Switzerland. From windmills to castles, it’s a journey of a lifetime.
- Don’t Worry, Be Happy! — Learn simple techniques to incorporate into a daily routine to create positive feelings and benefits for physical, mental and emotional health.
Luncheon will served by ProAction of Steuben and Yates, with donations requested. Lunchtime entertainment will be provided by the (retired) Hon. Joe Latham at the piano.
Parking lot attendants will be available to assist participants.
To preregister, and for more information, call the Steuben Office for the Aging at (607) 664-2298, 281-3635 and 936- 7425.
Registration also is available online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-senior-forumtickets-66572703749