SUNY Corning Community College is celebrating the grand opening of the Collegeiate Recovery Centers (CRC).
The center is described as a designated space on a campus that supports students’ decisions to choose, maintain, and grow in recovery while pursuing their educational goals
Students from 8 different health education classes collaborated in the creation and design of the CRC.
The opening will take place on the Spencer Hill campus on Tuesday, May 7 with the following schedule of events:
- 10:30-11:30 Narcan Training Provided by Trinity CASA (limited space)
- 10-2 Peer Recovery Coaching
- 11:30-12 Music, Creative Arts, Coffee & Conversation
- 12:00 Grand Opening Welcome by SUNY CCC President, Dr. Kate Douglas
- Tara M. Fethers, Chief Program Officer- CASA Trinity East and SUNY CCC Student Advocates will also participate
- 12:45 -2:00 SUNY CCC Students in Recovery- Speaker Panel
The event is free and open to the public.