UPDATE (3:11 p.m.) Cesar Sayoc is facing five federal charges for allegedly sending explosives in the mail.
- Interstate transportation of explosives
- Illegal mailing of explosives
- Threats made against former Presidents and certain other persons
- Threatening interstate communications
- Assaulting federal officers
UPDATE (1:15): The suspect has been named as Cesar Sayoc, 56 of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Sayoc has previously been arrested for making bomb threats and fraud, among other charges.
NBC News reports one man in Florida has been taken into custody and is being charged in connection with a series of bombs found this week, including several in the New York City area.
Two more packages containing explosive devices have been discovered today NBC News also reports. One was addressed to Democratic Senator Cory Booker and another addressed to former U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.