Some Americans are turning to regifting this holiday season.
More than three in four Americans find regifting socially acceptable, according to a survey from American Express.
In 2014 CNN shared eight “rules” for proper regifting.
- Mind your social circles: Don’t regift in the same social circle
- Make sure some time has lapsed
- It has to be the right fit: Make sure it fits the receivers unique style
- Don’t re-gift with immediate family members: Skip the re-gift option when it comes to parents and siblings
- The gift has to have value: Unless it’s an heirloom or antique, a re-gift should always be something new-ish
- Keep the original packaging, but always re-wrap
- It can’t be sentimental: Hand-made gifts, or something sentimental should not be regifted
- Admit it when caught