Early morning structure fire in Elmira caused by plastic left in oven

Local

ELMIRA, N.Y. (WETM) – Crews responded to a structure fire on the southside early Friday morning.

Reports of the fire first came into 18 News around 3:15 this morning. The Elmira Fire Department was on the scene at a residence on the 500 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, according to a reporter on the scene.

According to the chief of the fire department, someone left plastic in the oven, causing the blaze.

18 News will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

If you have a news tip or a correction to the story you can email it to us through this link. If you would like to send a comment to the author of the story, you can find their email on our Meet the Team page.

Trending Now