PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A New Port Richey man drowned in the same canal where he nearly drowned a year ago, according to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies found Juan Carlos Munoz-Valencia, 52, facedown in a canal in the 4200 block of Green Key Road after his wife called 911.
According to deputies, Munoz-Valencia had nearly drowned at the same location nearly a year ago, but he was removed by a Pasco deputy and resuscitated.
Investigators do not suspect foul play in his death.
Further information was not immediately available.
- PHOTOS: Daytona 500 kicks off NASCAR racing season
- Live Blog: NASCAR gears up for 62nd Daytona 500
- The Latest: Families expected in court Tuesday following apartment roof collapse in Holyoke
- Cuomo announces free snowmobile weekend to boost out of state tourism
- Live at Noon ET: Daytona 500 picks, analysis with special guests on Countdown to Daytona