ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – It was announced on Tuesday that 75 businesses, schools, and community-based organizations across the state have been awarded nearly $9.5 million as part of the State’s Workforce Development Initiative. The Department of Labor, Empire State Development and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority say the funding and incentives will support job training and employment opportunities for nearly 5,000 New Yorkers.
In the Capital Region, three organizations will receive a part of the funding, Those organizations are: SUNY Adirondack, Sysco Albany LLC and Youth FX Inc.
Businesses and organizations across the rest of Upstate New York receiving Workforce Development awards include:
- Central New York: Advocates; Catholic Charities of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Syracuse; D&W Diesel Inc.; Oswego County; Responsive to Our Community; Specialized Distribution Solutions
- Finger Lakes: Lifetime Assistance; Rochester Institute of Technology; Rochester Rehabilitation Center, Inc.; Seneca Cayuga Yates Counties Chapter NYSARC Inc (DBA Mozaic); Turner Underground Installations
- Mid-Hudson: Ability Beyond Disability, Inc.; Choice Films at Umbra Stages; Greyston Foundation, Inc.; Westchester Medical Center Health Network
- Mohawk Valley: Advanced Tool Inc., Northland Telephone Systems Ltd. DBA Northland Communications
- North Country: Alcoa USA Corporation; Jefferson-Lewis BOCES; North Country Chamber of Commerce; North Country Workforce Partnership, Inc.; Ready4Real ETS
- Southern Tier: Broome County Urban League; Broome Tioga Workforce; Buckingham Manufacturing Co Inc.; Fortitude Industries Inc.; Owego Apalachin Central School District
- Western New York: Catholic Charities of Buffalo NY; Fresenius Kabi; Mercy Flight
Since the first announcement of WDI awards in September 2019, nearly $32 million dollars in awards have been announced to 278 projects benefitting more than 18,000 New York workers.