GEDDES, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Many people make it a tradition to go to the Great New York State Fair, but for one Finger Lake’s couple, it’s a milestone.
It’s a life-long love affair for Tom and Marcia Kelly. For the past 45 years, they’ve celebrated their wedding anniversary the Friday before Labor Day at the fairgrounds. This year, they’re celebrating 50 years together.
“We do everything together,” said Marcia.
“We just love being here,” said Tom.
Their secret? A give and take, accepting each other’s shortcomings, and doing what the other one wants to do.
“Forty-something years ago, we would do everything I wanna do. Then we changed that. Now I wanna do everything she wants to do,” said Tom.
But at the root of it all, it comes down to a true love fairytale.
“She’s beautiful, she’s a smart lady, she’s great to be around,” said Tom.
“He’s very energetic and does a lot of things,” said Marcia.
The Kelly’s keep the love and excitement alive, and they’ll keep making memories at the fair year after year.
“I love her,” said Tom.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Watch the full interview: Dr. Birx answers COVID-19 questions on NewsNation
- Coronavirus stimulus vote delayed in US House, Mnuchin says agreement reached on checks if there is a deal
- NY State Senate candidates debate the issues at 18 News studio
- SCOTUS nominee meets with more GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill as Democrats decline meetings
- No one fined on first day of threatened NYC mask crackdown
For more local news, follow Nicole Sommavilla on Twitter @NeSommavilla