ITHACA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) – Ithaca Police are investigating a possible arson after four Lime Bikes were found torched Tuesday morning.
Lime is a bike-sharing company that has operated in Ithaca since 2018.
Firefighters and police were first called to the corner of Cayuga Street and Cascadilla Street around 2:24 a.m. for a report of two Lime Bikes on fire.
The fire was quickly extinguished but shortly after officers found another bike on the 400 block of North Geneva Street on fire and then a fourth Lime Bike on fire on the 400 block of North Albany Street.
The Ithaca Police Department is asking any witnesses, or anyone with suspect information, or any residents who may have residential cameras to please contact them.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Ithaca Police Tipline at (607) 330-0000.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- UPDATE 10:42 PM – Areal Flood Advisories have been canceled
- Suspect identified in Snyder County double murder
- Forecast Discussion 7/11/2020 PM: Showers tonight, staying warm & muggy
- Yankees closer Chapman has COVID-19, mild symptoms
- Sunday’s Pollen Outlook 7/12/2020
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9