ITHACA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) – Ithaca Police are investigating a possible arson after four Lime Bikes were found torched Tuesday morning.
Lime is a bike-sharing company that has operated in Ithaca since 2018.
Firefighters and police were first called to the corner of Cayuga Street and Cascadilla Street around 2:24 a.m. for a report of two Lime Bikes on fire.
The fire was quickly extinguished but shortly after officers found another bike on the 400 block of North Geneva Street on fire and then a fourth Lime Bike on fire on the 400 block of North Albany Street.
The Ithaca Police Department is asking any witnesses, or anyone with suspect information, or any residents who may have residential cameras to please contact them.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Ithaca Police Tipline at (607) 330-0000.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Chemung County reports 666 active cases of COVID-19, new case at Southport Correctional Facility
- Twin Tiers Today: Oct. 29, 2020
- Here’s what holiday shoppers plan to buy to avoid returns during pandemic
- 3 dead in knife attack in French church; terrorism suspected
- US weekly jobless rate drops to 751,000
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9